FUE Hair Transplant in Singapore with Dr Tyng Tan
✓ Restore Good Hair Coverage With Our No-Shave FUE.
✓ It Is Less Invasive, Minimal Downtime, & Nobody Has To Know You Had it Done.
|Doctor's Name||Dr. Tan Tyng Yuan|
|Experience with Hair Transplant||10 years|
|Affiliation||International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery|
|Type of Hair Transplant ||No-Shave FUE|
|Suitable Candidate for FUE||Men and women|
|Clinic Address||391B Orchard Road, Ngee Ann City Tower B, #08-04 Singapore 238874|
FUE Hair Transplant Clinic in Singapore
Hair transplant clinics in Singapore utilise two main types of surgical method for treating female and male-pattern baldness:
– Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
– Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
Dr. Tyng Tan is one of the few doctors approved by the Singapore Medical Council to carry out both FUT and FUE hair transplant (which includes no-shave FUE where donor hair length is preserved and reduction in downtime after surgery is possible to achieve). Her special interest is in hair loss and hair transplantation and she is recognized as a graduate fellow of the ISHRS after completing a lengthy fellowship at an ISHRS approved institution.
Dr Tyng Tan has…
• a true passion for aesthetics and surgical hair restoration.
• a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the prestigious University College London.
• a Diploma in Dermatology from Cardiff University in the UK.
• a certification from the Aesthetics Practice Oversight Committee (APOC) to administer various Aesthetic Lasers, Dermal Fillers, IPL, and Chemical Peeling.
• a long fellowship training by the ISHRS at one of 5 recognised training centers in the world.
• intensive training in hair transplantation with distinguished physicians from Asia and the United States.
• an approval by the Singapore Medical Council to carry out FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) and FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) techniques.
• trained in fully shaved, partially shaved, and no-shave FUE hair transplant surgery.
• attended scientific meetings on hair restoration surgery.
• published research in hair loss journals.
Modern techniques 1 in surgical hair restoration can re-shape your hairline and restore lost hair using your own natural, growing hair, which can be styled, washed and trimmed. Hair transplantations have come to be reliable options today that even hair stylists can’t tell if you’ve gotten the procedure done or not.
On average the cost of most hair transplant in Singapore ranges between $6k to $20k depending on technique and number of grafts. The total price of the procedure varies on the extent of work needed to cover the affected area, which includes the number of grafts that you need plus the surgeon fees and other incidental fees.
FUE hair transplant cost breakdown by technique
At Dr Tyng Tan Aesthetics and Hair Clinic, the patient can choose between having the donor area fully shaved, partially shaved, or non-shaved with FUE. Please refer to the cost breakdown below.
|FUE Shaving Technique||Fully Shaved||Partially Shaved||Non-Shaved|
|Price||Ranges Between $6 - $10.80 Per Graft Depending On The Technique Chosen|
|Surgical Fee Of $800||Additional||Additional||Inclusive|
|Inclusive Of Post-Operation Hair Wash |
(Including 1st Post Operation Hair Wash
Within 24 Hours)
|Up To 1 Week||Up To 1 Week||Up To 1 Week|
|Complimentary Scab Removal At 2 Weeks ||✔||✔||✔|
|Inclusive Of Follow-Up Review At: |
Post-Op Day 1
Post-op Week 1
Post-Op Week 2
Post-Op 1 Month
Post-Op 3 Months
Post-Op 6 Months
Post-Op 9 Months
Post-Op 1 Year
|Downtime||About 2 Weeks |
- 3 Weeks
|About 2 Weeks||About 3 Days |
E.G. Procedure On Friday,
Can Go Back To Work The Following Monday
*Terms And Conditions Apply*
*Price Quoted Are Including GST*
Hair Transplant Types
• The two major types of hair transplant surgery in Singapore are follicular unit transplantation FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE). The FUT method of hair transplantation involves removing a strip of skin containing hair follicles from the donor site and transplanting them to the affected area of the scalp.
• Meanwhile, the FUE procedure involves harvesting each follicular unit from the scalp. Some of the FUE transplant’s benefits include having virtually undetectable scarring, less discomfort, and faster recovery.
FUE HAIR TRANSPLANT PROCEDURE
Microincisions have a diameter that ranges from 0.8 – 1.0 mm, depending on follicular unit sizes in each patient. This minimizes scarring and conserves future areas available for harvesting. The procedure is done under a very high-powered microscope to allow the surgeon to work with precision, which is the key to natural-looking transplants.
So, how long does an FUE hair transplant procedure take? Generally, this type of procedure takes longer than the traditional FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation). Since it requires donor grafts to be harvested carefully to avoid transection and improve graft yield, the entire procedure can take around 4-8 hours. The surgical time will also depend on the number of grafts you will need.
FAQ: Listen to Audio Version
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHO ARE SUITABLE CANDIDATES FOR FUE?
The right patients for FUE should be in good health and with adequate donor density. This means that there should be enough hair from the donor area because the backsides of the scalp can provide very little hair for FUE.
Age is also a big factor, which means the patient has to get this procedure when the hair loss pattern has been stabilized. Young people are advised to follow other treatments for the meantime.
Men and women who are dealing with pattern baldness (Androgenetic Alopecia for the men, and Female Pattern Baldness for the women).
2. WHAT SHOULD BE THE POST-OPERATIVE REGIMEN?
At this point, do not apply shower pressure on the head for 2 weeks and opt for the use of cups of warm soapy water to clean the head after the procedure.
Use only peroxide, alcohol, witch hazel, or tea tree oil to clean the blood and other infected areas. Once the scabs have shed, use aloe vera gel or spray as often as needed.
3. WHAT ARE THE THREE WAYS OF PERFORMING FUE?
Three different ways of performing FUE hair transplant.
1. The fully shaved technique – Patient has the whole head of head shaved to 1-2mm in length. This allows the surgical team to be able to carry out the operation with ease and also allows the patient to appreciate uniform growth of hair which starts 2-3 days after the surgery.
2. The partially shaved technique – Only the donor area where hair is extracted is shaved to aid the follicular unit extraction (FUE). The area remains coverable by the hair on top and below the surgery site.
3.Non-shaved hair transplant – As the name suggests, no shaving is involved with this FUE technique so the donor area remains concealed by the hairs on top and below the surgical site. The donor grafts are painstakingly trimmed by our well-trained staff one by one such that surrounding hair remains untouched, leaving the area with a natural look once the surgery is complete.
Dr. Tyng Tan is trained in all three FUE techniques. We customise our approach in consideration of patient preference and personal characteristics to achieve good quality aesthetics overall.
4. WILL FUE LEAVE SCARS?
The surgery will leave 1mm scabs, which are expected to shed in a week or 2. It will then look like small red dots which, depending on your body’s healing characteristics, may eventually match your skin tone, become lighter (hypopigmented), or remain a little red.
5. WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGEON?
Donor hair is limited. Everyone has a variable number of available donor hair. It does not increase over time with frugality once hair transplant is carried out. Choose a doctor with the experience you are comfortable with as donor depletion and scarring can potentially have severe, detrimental effects on a young patient. When in doubt, wait, rather than rush in for cheap surgery.
Doctor Tan is a Graduate Fellow in Hair Restoration Surgery, as certified by the ISHRS, having trained in hair transplant for nearly a year and fulfilling strict training requirements set out by the ISHRS at one of their 5 training centres worldwide. She has also contributed chapters to hair transplant textbook and Hair Loss International forums, and was an invited speaker (1 of 2 speakers) for AAAM (American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine) talks for doctors on hair transplantation.
We pride ourselves on 100% dedication to hair transplant patient. Doctor Tan does not take on any concurrent patient to concentrate on the hair transplant patient on the day of the procedure. We use hair transplant equipment from the USA (Cole Instruments) designed by Dr Cole who is a proponent of the FUE approach and investor at the same time. Our team is trained overseas by veteran hair transplant doctors in the industry, an effort Doctor Tan has invested in for quality results for her patients.
1. Gupta AK, Lyons DC, Daigle D (2015) Progression of surgical hair restoration techniques. J Cutan Med Surg 19: 17-21.
2. Aman Dua, Kapil Dua. Follicular Unit Extraction Hair Transplant. J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2010 May-Aug; 3(2): 76–81.
3. Zito PM, Raggio BS. Hair Transplantation. [Updated 2019 Oct 17]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2020 Jan-. Available from: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Reviewed by Dr. Tyng Tan, on May 20, 2021